Wednesday, July 20, 2011

all in a day...

There are many ups and downs to being on the media team... this morning we were blessed to have the opportunity to wake up EARLY (5:30am) so we could reach our first shooting destination. Although the downside was the early start it was more than worth it as we found our selves weaving down the Khlong on the edge of Bangkok. It was an hour long ride of sheer photo/video BLISS





















*(see here for more!)
From there it was a mad dash to a school to do a shoot of the other ACTION team teaching English in two classrooms. It was cool to see a few familiar faces of some church youth that we've been getting to know and even some of the teens that came out to the outreach from the previous weekend.





















Even more exciting was being able to see and hang out with two of the youth that made a decision for Christ during that weekend outreach-










Mike (gr. 10) and Gague (gr. 10)
Both became Christians last weekend! Please pray for continued discipleship and desire to learn!

From school we got the news that a believer that Louise and Pastor Naat had lead to Christ a few weeks earlier wanted us to come and talk to her husband about Jesus... clearly we were not about to let that opportunity pass us up so we (all 15 of us) jumped in the 9 passenger van and drove to the woman's business. She owns a restaurant so we first enjoyed some Somtam *my FAVORITE Thai dish! and coconut drank... and after we refueled we started to share with her husband about how God has worked in our lives. Actually when Louise asked for people to share my heart began to race, I began to sweat *(more than I already was) and my mind became fixated on a part of my testimony I hadn't thought of in a LONG time ... it was one of those "Kristin... it's time to step out" moments...

After a few of us spoke Pastor Naat shared the gospel... and let me tell you the passion and excitement that comes out of this little woman blows me away every time I hear her share.
While she began to share not only did the woman's husband ask to receive Christ, but the two other ladies that had stopped to grab a bite to eat asked to receive Him as well! Talk about a moment from God...




Please welcome to the 3 newest believers in the Thai Church!!!





Pray they will find ways to connect in the Church and that God would stir up a desire to know Him personally.

And that draws to an end one very AMAZING day-
thanks for your prayers, support, and encouragement...
LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD.
Habakkuk 3:2
Keep sharing God's story!
[k]





4 comments:

  1. Goosebumps..... that is what happens when I hear how God is moving and drawing Thai people to himself!! We got to work a little with Pastor Naat too and felt the same way - what passion for the Lord. God is working so mightily - may he continue to pour his strength and his power and his boldness into you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I LOVE the update! It brings tears of joy to my eyes as I imaging the river and Pastor Naat and the Thai schools and things that seem so familiar, I am SO glad that God is blessing your time there! Can't wait to hear more stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics again! I remember that river ride...you are right non stop footage. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am John-Mark, and I work with John at MB Mission. I love your pics so far! I am really needing some good face pictures of young people in Thailand. You have some GREAT ones already. Can you send me some high res. versions please? I would like to use them in an MB Mission poster Yousend or dropbox them to me please at jmb@mbmission.org

    ReplyDelete