Saturday, July 23, 2011

Half time Show in Thailand!

Yesterday was our first official day off- and in accordance with having a day off I didn't post- but clearly the things I experienced need to be shared, as it isn't every day you get picked up by an elephant and live to tell about it. So here you have it folks: The Half Time show!

First up:
A stunning Songthaew drive... which was driving by the same guy Louise convinced to drive us to the Burmese factory for a worship night last Monday- He had to not only drive but sit through the worship and stay for the meal after. I'm pumped to keep running into him, and see how God uses this connection we've built.

Stop one: The Tiger Zoo *(which also has elephants, monkeys, scorpions, and pigs!?)
Highlight from here was most defiantly the 25 baht (about 75 cent) coconut drink, feeding a tiger, and having an elephant pick me up! I actually think i stopped breathing when it happened....

Stop two: A beach at a Ban San
Here we risked eating some sort of seafood on a stick- which tasted amazing! Pineapple on a stick- which was even more AMAZING! And an hour long 3 person bike ride- which we drove up and down the beach to the joy of many locals who laughed and pointed.

Stop three: a Market
and when i say market- you are probably invisioning a bartering, thai-knockoff brand, market- where I come home with a bazillion Prader sunglasses, and Guccci purses... this however was a Fish market... which smelled lovely, but made for some awesome photo ops!





















Final destination: Home
After the hour long ride home- we sat around as a joint team and talked about highs of the trip thus far and one thing we were thankful for. For myself since being here I've realized that I am and need to be even more thankful for those push and encourage me in my Christian walk back home. I've been blessed with a great number of people who speak into my life and have asked some amazing questions- and here with such a small Christian community/small base Christian leaders I've come to see in influence and impact that has had in my life. So to all of you in my life who have pushed/ encouraged/ supported/ spoke/ or prayed for me- THANK YOU!

And there you have the half time show! It was a fantastic day to relax and unwind *(and give our hosts a break from us). And experience some different aspects of Thai life.

Now lets see what happens in the second half of the game!
*(for more pictures from the day and first two weeks see here)

1 comment:

  1. Kristin! Love the pics and the stories! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete